Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Joining Joys!

FROM KATRINA: I love to join! Don't get me wrong, I don't walk into the playroom and think, I really hope this guy doesn't want to play today so I can just join him. However, I do love my opportunities to join just as much as love my opportunities to play. Here are a few reasons why I love to join. Hopefully they will be helpful to you and inspire you to love joining as much as I do.
  • Joining gives me an opportunity to put my agenda on the shelf and just have fun being in the moment doing what someone else wants to do.
  • Joining is the ultimate acceptance, it is the easiest way for me to say "I love you exactly as you are!"
  • Joining presents me with new experiences and new ways of looking at life/objects that I hadn't thought of before.
  • Joining teaches me about the child's interests and sensory needs.
  • I can build more trust and connection by having fun playing someone else's games (e.g. their isms)
The list can go on and on. Joining is a wonderful experience for me, and I find myself doing it with typical people sometimes as well. I find it is a natural way of bonding now. If you have more reasons to join, please add those as well in the comment section. Let's help everyone love joining!!!!

Love to you all,
Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment