Thursday, July 15, 2010

Your Son-Rise Program is Perfect!

FROM KATRINA: Recently in conversations with parents I have been sensing an anxiety. The general sense is: my program is okay, but if I did this and this and this it would be better, but I don't know when I'll find the time to that, or I don't know how, or I can't do it on my own. If you are one of these people who worries about what your Son-Rise Program is not. Stop!

I'm guessing one of the things that drew you to the Son-Rise Program in the first place is the love and acceptance of your child in who they are. Please apply this to yourself and your program. Your program is perfect, you are doing the best you can in this moment. The most important part of your program is feeling comfortable and capable. Go ahead right now and take a deep breath in, ....now let it out, breathe in again.....and let it out. Good. Great, actually, amazing.

You are the leader of your child's Son-Rise program. Therefore you are the one who gets to make all the decisions. Start by deciding how to feel (preferably light hearted and happy) Your child is not benefiting any sooner when you worry about more volunteers, your other child, how they are progressing, how your house looks, if you are creative enough, having the "right" toys, the list goes on and on. All your child needs is for you to be loving and present when you are with them. If you can do this, everything else will fall into place.

If you need any help with this, call a friend, post a message on Facebook, or please call and schedule a consultation with one of our amazing Son-Rise Program teachers or a dialogue with our Option mentors because the most important thing is for you to know and trust that you are truly doing your best.

with all the love in my heart,
Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment