Wednesday, June 30, 2010

To Bears and Samahria with Love

FROM SIMONE - I love to delegate days in the week or hours in the day to do a certain task, a task I feel is very important but I would normally leave it out in my busy routine. I love to make them into a routine that I will then automatically do them and never forget them. And so it goes that I write my blog every Wednesday, make music on Thursdays or I send a healing wish to my friends who are not healthy at 6:00 p.m.

Wednesdays are also a day to be grateful, not that I couldn't be grateful any other day but I think it is nice to dedicate a special day for one of the shortcuts to happiness. Perhaps I could go on and dedicate each day of the week to each shortcut to happiness and make a tangible approach to making happiness a priority in my life!

When choosing today what or who I was going to be grateful for right here on this blog, I thought, well if it weren't for Bears and Samahria I wouldn't be here writing in this blog. By deciding many years ago they would make happiness a priority in their lives they also decided to share their happiness with whoever was willing to listen that happiness was our own choice, and what a powerful message that is!

I was watching an old favourite film I had taped this week and thought how the story was a wonderful parallel to how I felt about Bears and Samahria, it is from my birth year 1967 and stars Sidney Poitier and a very young Lulu (British singer), it is called To Sir With Love.

The film is the story of young unruly students in the East End of London in the swinging 60's. They are considered hopeless by all teachers but Sidney Poitier's character comes along and teaches them how to love and respect each other by respecting them and treating them like adults, how to be authentic to each other, he closes traditional books and teaches them how they can be happy in life.

I know one of the fundamentals of the Option Process and of The Son-Rise Program is there is no teaching, we are all our best experts, but I feel like those students, I feel that before I read my first book from Bears I was behaving like a child, crying about what others or life did to me, being a victim instead of looking at my own feelings and beliefs, and the Option Process showed me a different way.

This is the title song from the movie, sang by Lulu, it summarises what I would like to offer Bears and Samahria, the Sky, the Moon and ultimately my heart, (Just change "Sir" for "Bears and Samahria" and perhaps add "there is no right and wrong, weak or strong"). A timeless song, listen, take it in, close your eyes and feel grateful for these lovely wonderful two amazing people in our lives:



Those schoolgirl days



of telling tales and biting nails are gone,



But in my mind,



I know they will still live on and on



But how do you thank someone,



who has taken you from crayons to perfume?



It isn't easy, but I'll try,



If you wanted the sky I would write across the sky in letters,



That would soar a thousand feet high,



To Sir, with Love



The time has come,



For closing books and long last looks must end,


And as I leave,



I know that I am leaving my best friend,



A friend who taught me right from wrong,



And weak from strong,



That's a lot to learn,



What, what can I give you in return?



If you wanted the moon I would try to make a start,



But I, would rather you let me give my heart,



To Sir, with Love







No comments:

Post a Comment