Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Son Rise Program New Frontiers Here We Come!


FROM SIMONE - Since 2006 I have established a habit that would change my life. As I had enjoyed myself so much attending the Son-Rise Programs in the U.K. in 2005 I decided to volunteer to help out at the Programs in 2006 and I have done so ever since as I just can't get enough of the buzz it is being in a room with over a hundred Son-Rise Parents!


Son-Rise Parents rock! They are full of 3E's, Energy, Excitement and Enthusiasm, they have made happiness a priority in their lives, they were bold to tell the establishment they were going to do it differently, because their child and family happiness came first. Can you imagine what happens when over a hundred people like this come together in a room?

I call the Programs I have volunteered in "my Son-Rise playroom" as I have gradually learnt in them how to deal with social situations with the comfort of knowing I am being loved and respected for who I am, but I am also being challenged to grow. The love and desire to help other Parents to learn this incredible Program, which has helped my son so much, has helped me become a sociable person and overcome my former Asperger's issues.

People always say that we volunteers give so much, our time, the whole week, etc, but it is us really who really gain from sharing the company of such extraordinary people. I truly believe love and 3E's, Energy, Excitement and Enthusiasm can help our children overcome autism because it has helped me! 5 days to go, can't wait!


3 comments:

  1. Hi. I was just wondering if you could answer a question for me? I have been watching the funny video of Son Rise vs ABA, which is very good.

    Just out of interest, what are the academic qualifications of Son Rise therapists (from mainstream universities) and what are the independently verifiable qualifications, (again, from mainstream universities) of their trainers, (in the relevant fields of psychology, neuroscience and child development)?

    For instance my qualifications can be verified by parents by simply telephoning the universities I attended. Hope you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew I am a Son-Rise Program Parent I am not a Son-Rise Program Professional you need to direct your question to one of the Son-Rise Program staff in the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Parent what I can say is that qualifications and University degrees is the last thing I look for when trusting someone will love and help my child as much as I do, who don't have any of those. A qualified teacher and psychlogist employed once methods to teach my son to do a puzzle, against my will, because as a professional she claimed she knew better than me, that put him off making puzzles for life. No professional no matter how many qualifications they have will love and know better a child than their Parents.

    ReplyDelete