Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ain't Nothing Gonna Break Our Stride ...


Ain't Nothing Gonna Break Our Stride
Nobody's Gonna Slow Us Down
Oh No, We've Got to Keep On Moving

This New Year, 2011, I decided is gonna be the best year yet for Tyler and I. I am going to push the limit. Find a way to get Tyler to a two week intensive. Set up Outreaches and Video Consults. Make each day in the playroom with Tyler a 110% day. Be the best student I possibly can for Tyler's Son-Rise program and the Option Process. Read, Read, Read. Study, Study, Study. Learn, Learn, Learn. Stay in the Present. Organize better so I dont become overwhelmed. Schedule certain times during the day to read Son-Rise and Option Blogs, Review and participate on Bears's facebook wall, Fulfill my committment to blog twice a week on the Son-Rise and Option blog sites, Stay connected on facebook with my awesome Friends ~ Extended Family of Son-Rise ~ Parents of special needs who are all walking this journey with us cheering us and supporting us as I happily do with their journeys whatever it may be. To live and breathe my Passion and make it even bigger. Be a Force of Nature and make my dreams come true. To Each Day Choose Happiness, Love, Peace in Every Step ...to name a few

Well, its now two weeks into the new year and it hasnt exactly gone as planned. The first of the year began with one less member of Tyler's Son-Rise Program. Tyler's program is now being run with just two of us. The last two members of Tyler's Son-Rise team said some really horible things about Tyler that werent true. This happens. I know that what they say is all about them and not about Tyler. I see this as an opportunity to regroup my wants for Tyler's program. As a single mom, less members in Tyler's Son-Rise program means less time for me to be able to get done all the things I want and need to do. I am doing the best I can to accomplish what I set out to do in 2011. Thats all I ask of myself. New members are coming soon for Tyler's program. So, my new year hasnt gone as planned - So What! Must be a reason. Do I feel like a failure? Heck No! I dont believe in failure. Im just walking Tall and enjoying the ride no matter which way the path turns. Am I giving up? No Chance! Running Our Race til the End. Am I exhausted? You better believe it!!! However, I am moving forward knowing ...


Ain't Nothing Gonna Break Our Stride
Nobody's Gonna Slow Us Down
Oh No, We've Got to Keep On Moving



My Passion: Tyler's Son-Rise Program and the Option Process
My Deepest Gratitude for Strength to Keep Moving Forward: God, Tyler, Bears and Samahria Kaufman, Raun Kaufman, The Autism Treatment Center of America and Staff, The Option Institute and Staff and My Friends and Extended Family that are walking this journey with us - cheering and supporting us!


Lots of Love to you all and the Best of 2011!


Jamie and Tyler

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie,
    I'm not a parent of a special needs child but I work with special needs children and adults. God Bless you and your daughter.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jamie....I want the same things for myself. Thanks for telling us all where you are at so we know we're not the only ones :)

    ReplyDelete