Friday, March 19, 2010

Overflowing with Gratitude

Dearest Son-Rise friends, students and teachers,
So today is my last day working as a staff member at the Autism Treatment Center of America before I return to the UK to work with families using The Son-Rise Program there (don't worry America - I'll be back!). Over the last few days I have been really taking stock of how incredibly lucky I am to do this incredible work, playing a part in helping so many special children recover from autism. Every day I wake up excited to do the job that I do. Now seems the perfect time to express my gratitude.


To my teachers at the Autism Treatment Center of America and the Option Institue - thank you. You have loved me so profoundly and deeply, you have shone a light on my discomfort and lovingly helped my challenge and change myself. I am the man I am today because of your wisdom. To my fellow Child Facilitators - you are the most beautiful, shining examples of the power of love and joy. The bond you create with every child you work with is unique and incredible. I am so full of love for us all - we are a wonderful family doing great things in the world. Thank you for doing them with me.

Most importantly - to every family and every child in The Son-Rise Program who I have worked with, thank you. You have all taught me the most profound lessons. The pure joy of selflessly loving another; the power of seeing what I want and going for it... so many learnings. Know that I hold each and every one of you in my heart. I find constant inspiration in your dedication, your bravery, your willingness to step up and grow. Every parent and every autistic child - you truly are gifts in my life.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

With huge love

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment