Sunday, July 24, 2011

Beautiful Ismer's

From: Brandi Davis

This is a poem that I am dedicating to a wonderful little boy from our Intensive Program last week at the Autism Treatment Center of America. I joined him for over an hour and it was a wonderful experience!

He breathed in deeply as if to inhale the world
then he twirled his chew toy with perfect purpose.

No need to rehearse this as our movements raised with grace
my watch flapping and his arm slapping in sync before our face.

Steady stares not breaking time
two poets writing their exclusive rhymes
this moment no longer his or mine
as our lights merged into one magnificent shine.

Singing in silence
we are fine
we are fine
perfectly fine.

No place to be as I became him and he became me
feeling free
being free
one heart beating in the chest of loves infinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment