Thursday, September 30, 2010

Love

From Kate Wilde:

Bears defines love as follows:

1. To Really accept and be happy with another person exactly as they are today.
2. To want the best for that person.
3. To take action to express your love by doing something useful for that person.

The question is how do we get to the place where we can really love another person as the definition suggests? One way would be to focus on loving yourself first.

If you can have compassion for yourself and accept yourself for who you are today, it will be easier for you to accept another person and show compassion towards them.

If you find yourself judging another person, it may be because you judge that same quality in yourself. The path to loving that person would be to accept that quality within you first.

Do you find yourself saying things such as, "I should be better", "I am so bad", "I can't believe I was such an idiot", "You were so stupid"  as a way to motivate yourself to be more loving? How's that going?

Instead try the following thought.

"I did the best I could." "I did the best I could" "I did the best I could"

The best thing you can do for your child today is to show compassion and love towards yourself.
Have a great day, evening, morning or afternoon loving yourself!
With love
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment